ONLINE IMPORT EXPORT REGISTRATION
Get Started Now @ Just ₹ 1,499/- (All inclusive Price)
Package Inclusive of :
- Application Drafting
- Application Processing
- Application Filing
- Proper Consultancy
- IEC Certificate
- Dedicated Support Team
What is an Import Export Code?
IEC or Import-Export Code is a 10-digit code that an individual or a business needs for the import or export goods
or services. Further, this code is allotted by the Director General of Foreign Trade (DGFT), Ministry of Commerce and Industries, Government of India.
The validity period of the IEC code is for a lifetime of the individual. This means that there is no need for the IEC
code holder to apply for its renewal. Hence, the company having IEC is able to perform all requirements concerning import-export and related issues.
Usually, a period of 12-15 working days is required for the generation of IEC code once all the required documents
are submitted and corrections are made. Further, having an IEC is mandatory and compulsory for every
commercial importer or exporter in India. Hence, the business not having IEC is not qualified to undertake the category of import and export.
What are the Benefits of the IEC Code?
The benefits of IEC Registration is mentioned below:
- Expansion of Business: With the help of IEC registration, an individual can easily and smoothly expand the business& reach in the global market. Further, an IEC not only provides an opportunity for the business to export goods outside India but also assists in creating a name for oneself in the international market.
- Availing Several Benefits: Based on IEC registration, nowadays, businesses can enjoy and avail benefits provided by the EPC (Export Promotion Council), DGFT, and Customs.
- No Need to File Return: There is any need to file return in IEC. Hence, after the allocation of IEC Code, there is no need to abide by any procedure for proving its legitimacy. In case of, any event, relating to export transactions, DGFT does not require the filing of any return.
- Hassel-Free Processing: The process of obtaining IEC registration from the DGFT (Director General of Foreign Trade) is genuinely simple and easy. Moreover, the same can be acquired within a period of 10-15 working days from presenting the application. Further, no evidence relating to export or import is needed subsequent for obtaining IEC Code.
- Free for Lifetime: Once an individual has obtained his or her IEC, he or she can enjoy its validity till perpetuity since it is free for a lifetime, and there is no need to apply for any renewal.
- Government Authorise: Import Export Code (IEC) acts as a government identity which is issued by the Director General of Foreign Trade. Hence, at the time of shipment clearance, one can show this identification number to the customs authorities.
PROCEDURE OF IEC REGISTRATION
The IE Code Application is filed online with Class -2 Digital Signature. It is required to have a valid DSC of the applicant or the Authorised Signatory.
The documents to be uploaded while applying for the IE Code must be prepared, signed and stamped. After that, it needs to be scanned in JPEG or PDF.
Application for allotme of IE Code is filed online with DSC, by furnishing information and uploading the mandatory self attested documents.
Issue Of IE Code
The regional director of the DGFT scrutinises the application, which may call for further information or documents. Finally, the IE Code is allotted.
IEC Registration Steps
Fill the Application Form
Upload Required Documents
Make Online Payments
Executive Will Process Application
Receive Certificate On Mail
Still Confused? Consult our Business Advisor for free!!
Frequently Asked Questions
IEC Stands for IMPORTER EXPORTER CODE which contains 10 digit number issued by Director General of Foreign Trade, Department of Commerce, Government of India.
Any bonafide person/ company starting a venture for International trade of Export and Import. If any foreign transfer on account of business, IEC number is mandatory.
ICEGATE is an online portal of Central Board of Excise and Customs [CBEC] which facilitates import export-related services to the trade and cargo carriers and other users of Customs Department.
ICE GATE Verification ensures that a business entity’s IEC Code registration is duly updated in government custom records.
With ICE GATE verification, Exporter/ Importer never face any kind of hitch doing import and export of goods and services due to non-availability of data in government custom authority records.
Yes, the application can be filed for issue of new Importer Exporter code