STARTUP INDIA IN DETAIL
Benefits to startups by Indian Government
Startups are becoming very popular in India. The government under the leadership of PM Narendra Modi has started and promoted Startup India.
1.To promote growth and help Indian economy, many benefits are being given to entrepreneurs establishing startups.
2. Reduction in cost The government also provides lists of facilitators of patents and trademarks. They will provide high quality Intellectual Property Right Services including fast examination of patents at lower fees. The government will bear all facilitator fees and the startup will bear only the statutory fees. They will enjoy 80% reduction in cost of filing patents.
3. Easy access to Funds A 10,000 crore rupees fund is set-up by government to provide funds to the startups as venture capital. The government is also giving guarantee to the lenders to encourage banks and other financial institutions for providing venture capital.
4.Tax holiday for 3 YearsStartups will be exempted from income tax for 3 years provided they get a certification from Inter-Ministerial Board (IMB).
5.Apply for tenders
Startups can apply for government tenders. They are exempted from the “prior experience/turnover” criteria applicable for normal companies answering to government tenders.
6. R&D facilities Seven new Research Parks will be set up to provide facilities to startups in the R&D sector
7. No time-consuming compliances Various compliances have been simplified for startups to save time and money.
8.Tax saving for investors People investing their capital gains in the venture funds setup by government will get exemption from capital gains. This will help startups to attract more investors.
9. Choose your investor After this plan, the startups will have an option to choose between the VCs, giving them the liberty to choose their investors.
10. Easy exit In case of exit – A startup can close its business within 90 days from the date of application of winding up
11. Meet other entrepreneurs Government has proposed to hold 2 startup fests annually both nationally and internationally to enable the various stakeholders of a startup to meet. This will provide huge networking opportunities.