We can help you fulfil all the formalities for GST cancellation and surrendering of your GST certificate.
WHEN IS LEGAL GST CANCELLATION INDIA ENFORCED?
WHEN DO WE OPT FOR GST CANCELLATION?
There are certain circumstances that may compel a taxpayer to opt for a surrender of GST registration. Given below are some of the cases where a tax assessee may opt for GST cancellation procedure:
- An accidental GST registration, that can cause unnecessary GST liability.
- If the turnover of an individual is below ₹20 lakhs, and he has registered under GST, he can opt for GST cancellation.
- Dissolution or amalgamation of business, GST cancellation procedure is a must to avoid getting tax notices from the government.
- Suppose government raises the threshold for GST registration, and you get out from its cover, you can opt for GST cancellation India.
- In case of a take-over bid, surrender of GST registration is a must or the GST tax liability will continue to arise under the previous owner’s name.
HOW TO DO GST CANCELLATION?
Provide GST details & reasons of cancelation online.
Consult our business advisor on how to surrender GST registration.
Our professional will file FORM GST REG-16 with GST department.
On placing an order, your application is assigned to one of our dedicated professional.
On successful submission of application, our team will provide you with an acknowledgment.
On verification of details, the GST cancellation status will be marked as 'canceled'.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR GST CANCELATION
Still Confused? Consult our Business Advisor for free!!
Frequently Asked Questions
Generally, it takes about one month for the GST cancellation after your surrender your GST registration certificate
There are certain circumstances in which the government can cancel a person’s GST certificate-
- Non-filing of GST Returns for 6 months subsequently
- Non-payment of GST
- Violation of GST laws
- No business activity after GST registration in the 6 months subsequently.
- Non-filing of GST Returns for 3 months subsequently in case of the Composite scheme.
If your GST registration is likely to be cancelled by order, the GST authority will send you a show cause notice to which you will have to give a suitable reply within 7 days.
If your reply to the show cause notice given by the GST department is found to be satisfactory, the GST department will send an order to you in FROM GST REG-20 regarding the same. The authority will not proceed for GST cancellation.